Tips for First-time Buyers
The Treece Team offers the following tips for first-time homebuyers in the Tucson real estate market. By visiting this site, you have taken the first step in the home-buying process. These tips can keep you moving in the right direction.
Why Should I Buy a Home in Tucson?
- It’s the American Dream.
- It’s yours! You can tear down walls, paint and can turn on your radio as loud as you want (as permitted by law). It’s yours to do what with as you wish.
- There are many financial benefits of owning a home in a growing market. As the Tucson market improves, your home is worth more.
Where Does Your Tucson Home Search Begin?
- The home search starts right here. If you are on this website, you have already begun the search process.
- Using the free tools online makes it easy to search available properties on the market.
- Narrow your criteria to the number of rooms and other musts to pinpoint selections before talking to an agent.
How Long Will It Take Me To Find a Home?
- A motivated homebuyer is likely to find a home in a couple weeks to a few days. It really depends on the market and the eagerness of the buyer.
- In a buyer’s market, there are likely to be several homes to view that meet your criteria, so it may take longer to make a final selection.
- In a seller’s market, fewer homes are seen because there are fewer homes meeting your criteria so a purchasing decision may be made sooner.
How Many Homes Will I See?
- The average number of homes a buyer should view per day is seven.
- Overall, you may view 20-30 properties before selecting the one for you.
- If you are in a home you are not interested in seeing more of, let the agent know so you can move on.
How Will I Know I’ve Found the Right House?
- When you walk into the right property, you will know it. You may even feel emotionally connected to it.
- If you love the property and do not want to let it go, promptly tell your real estate agent about the decision.
How Do I Keep Track of Home Viewing?
- Take your camera, a notepad and pen with you during your search. Take pictures of the property while noting the photo number, and alternative notes, on your notepad.
- Write down the pros and cons of each property to make an informed decision. Note the neighborhood, location, and rate each home on a scale of 1-10 before you leave the property.
Should I See My Final Picks More Than Once?
- If you are stuck between properties you have viewed, ask to see the properties a second time.
- Look for details you may have missed in the first viewing.
- At this point, check in with the sellers’ agent to see if an offer has been placed on the property.